- INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
- COOKIES POLICY
- INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small text file that a website, app or other platform stores on your computer, tablet, smartphone or any other similar device, with information about your browsing and usage, such as a tag that identifies your device. Cookies are necessary, for example, to facilitate navigation and understand how users interact with the platforms, in order to allow their improvement. They are also very useful for displaying advertising according to the user’s preferences, as well as for other purposes described below. Cookies do not harm your computer or device.
When we talk about “Cookies” we also refer to other similar technologies that install and/or collect information on your device (such as flash cookies, web beacons or bugs, pixels, HTML5 [local storage] and SDK technologies for app formats). In addition, the term “Cookies” is also applicable to the use of fingerprinting techniques, that is, techniques of combining information that help us to identify your device. Occasionally, these technologies work together with cookies that compile and store information, either to provide you with certain features or services on our Platform, or to present you with third-party advertising compatible with your navigation.
This explanation is an overview of what is meant by Cookies, for information purposes only. The specific Cookies we use are described in the cookie configuration panel, accessible on our Platform.
What types of Cookies are there? This section provides an overview of the types of Cookies that can be used in an online environment.
Depending on their owner, Cookies can be classified into:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s computer or device from a device or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the platform or service requested by the user is offered.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s computer or device from a device or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Depending on their purpose, Cookies can be classified into:
- Strictly necessary (technical) cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and to use the different options or services that exist in them, such as controlling traffic, identifying data or the session, accessing to restricted access sections or contents, remember the elements of an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, manage payments, control fraud related to the security of the service, use security elements during navigation, request registration or participation in a event, store content for broadcasting videos or sound, enable dynamic content (eg text or image loading animation) or share content via social networks. Technical cookies, being strictly necessary, are automatically downloaded whenever they are necessary to display the platform or provide the service requested by the user.
- Functionality or personalization cookies: are those that allow you to remember information so that the user can access the service or platform with specific characteristics that can differentiate your experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to display when the user makes a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser used or the region from which the service is accessed, etc. Non-acceptance of these Cookies may result in slow performance of the Platform or poorly adapted recommendations.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow you to quantify the number of users, the sections visited on the platform and the way in which they interact with it, in order to carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users, with the aim of introducing improvements, in function of the analysis of the usage data of the users of the platform or service.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that store information on users’ behavior, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to show advertising or specific content depending on it. These cookies allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces or related content that may be included by the publisher, directly or in collaboration with third parties.
What are Cookies used on our Platform for?
Cookies are an essential part of the functioning of our Platform. The main purpose of our Cookies is to make your browsing experience easier and more efficient. For example, they are used to remember your preferences (language, country, etc.) during navigation and in future visits. We also use our Cookies to continuously improve our services and the Platform, as well as to offer you content according to your browsing habits.
The information collected in Cookies also allows us to improve our Platform through estimates of statistical data and usage patterns (number of visits, most visited sections, visit time, etc.) and to know statistically how users interact with the Platform. , with a view to improving our services, adapting the Platform to your individual interests, speeding up searches, etc.
In any case, the Cookies we use never store sensitive information, such as passwords, personal data, etc.
When accessing the Platform, you will be asked whether you accept the Cookies Policy or not. It will therefore be a decision of the user to accept cookies for better navigation or to refuse them in each access to the Platform.
Who uses the information stored in Cookies?
The information stored in Cookies on our Platform is used exclusively by us, with the exception of Cookies identified in section 2 as “Third-party Cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities to provide us with services to improve our services and experience. user when browsing our Platform. Additional information available in the Cookies configuration panel, accessible at any time on our Platform.
- CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We may change the information contained in this Cookies Policy whenever we deem it appropriate. We advise you to periodically consult this Cookies Policy, in the event that small changes or interactive improvements have been introduced; We remind you that this Policy is always available for information on our Platform.